Poway Senior Center
Non-Profit OrganizationSenior Services
We are the Poway Senior Center.
The Poway Senior Center is a 501 (c) 3 non profit organization. The senior center incorporated in 1976 and was operated out of the Weingart Community Center up until the late spring of 2019. The senior center moved to its temporary location:
16315 Pomerado Rd. Poway, CA 92064 on the Church of Christ Scientist campus. The center will remain there until it relocates to the brand-new Mickey Cafagna Building in late spring of 2021.
Although the center remains closed to the senior population during the pandemic, the Board of Directors and volunteers are working hard to develop programming and resources that can benefit our Poway Seniors while they shelter in place. We collaborate with other businesses and non profits to effectively connect with our seniors.
Please visit our website often for the work we do and for programming and resource updates.
- We call our seniors on a monthly basis to check in and chat
- We provide online programming to educate and engage our seniors
- We direct our seniors to necessary resources: legal, tax, food support and more
- We deliver occasional gifts to our seniors homes so that they know we are thinking of them
- We support the organization by holding bi monthly rummage sales: revenue supports our programming